What we do
Trade Promotion Europe is an active and effective community of European trade promotion professionals united in a common purpose.
Engagement with European Institutions
Trade Promotion Europe engages constructively with the EU institutions in the following ways:
- To have recognised status as a key consultative partner, reflecting the views and needs of members as one voice, in order to ensure policies are supportive of exporting companies of all sizes
- Contribute formal upstream input and suggestions in relation to instruments designed to support SMEs’ internationalisation
- Partner with EU Institutions on the design and implementation of Trade Promotion activities
Collaboration between members
TPE fosters value added collaboration between members through:
- Sharing best practices and approach on supports, trends, opportunities and key challenges
- Disseminate early information in relation to EU projects and funds, relevant to TPOs companies and possibly joint collaboration
- Training and education programmes
- High profile events
Our members form a collective network that provides unique insight and knowhow to support the internationalisation of European businesses. Being a Trade Promotion Europe member gives them access to this combined expertise and in the loop when it comes to strategic decision-making.
We keep our members up to date on issues relating to the implementation of European policies impacting trade promotion by disseminating information through our website and our newsletter.
We provide our members with unique insight on European trade issues through special studies and surveys.
We organise internal and external meetings to share knowledge and develop our professional network. This includes regular meetings among the CEOs of our members, training seminars and conferences.
We develop and carry out projects in the shared interest of members. This includes responding to European Union tenders and proposals.
We establish working groups for specific trade promotion issues of interest to our members.
We maintain a constant dialogue with the European Commission’s policy making institutions with the goal of streamlining policies impacting trade promotion and supporting the internationalisation of small- and medium-sized businesses across the European Union.
We communicate our members’ views, insights and concerns to relevant European institutions and key stakeholders. Our goal: greater synergy across Europe in supporting the internationalisation of European business.
Currently, TPE has three committees: the Agrifood Promotion Committee (APC), the Institutions Committee (IC), and the Collaboration Committee (CC).
APC – Agrifood Promotion Committee
The Agrifood Promotion Committee of TPE is the official stakeholder representing European organisations active in agrifood promotion and is responsible for all agrifood-related initiatives and decisions taken by TPE. The APC began work in January 2020.
IC – Institutions Committee
The main efforts of the Committee are:
- Keeping TPE members up to date about ongoing or proposed EU projects, programmes and events worldwide
- Coordinating the views of TPE members in joint communications to the EU institutions
- Contributing to EU policy on the internationalisation of SMEs
- Communicating the role TPE members play in supporting European SMEs, both at home and abroad, to relevant EU institutional stakeholders
CC – Collaboration Committee
The Collaboration Committee develops, promotes and implements collaborative projects among TPE members.
The core activities of the Committee include:
- TPO benchmarking and exchange of best practices through surveys, forums and publications
- Supporting TPE members in joint responses to tenders and requests for proposals from EU and other donors for trade promotion and development projects