Who we are
Trade Promotion Europe is the European association representing the Trade Promotion Organisations and Agrifood Promotion Organisaitons of Member States to the EU institutions and Stakeholders.
Trade Promotion Organisations are responsible to support the internationalisation of their national companies, in the EU Single Market or overseas. The Agrifood Promotion Organisations are responsible for the promotion in the EU Single market and in third countries’ markets of their national agri-food businesses. Typically TPOs and APOs are mandated by their national government or stakeholders in their mission.
Our members offer a variety of services to European companies, including capacity building for internationalisation, information and competitive intelligence, promotion services, as well as investment services.
No one is as strong as everyone together. By collaborating with one another, we are creating new synergies to help Europe realise its trade potential. Our community is a forum for ideas, for learning and for exchanging information so that our members can serve their stakeholders better: from Europe’s 25 million small- and medium-sized enterprises to the European Union’s policy making institutions.
Trade is the driving force in Europe’s economy and is the raison d’être of the European Union. Promoting Europe’s goods and services at the local, national and international level is crucial to collective development and growth. We help foster dialogue with EU institutions, and serve as a trusted partner in the implementation of Europe’s trade promotion policies.
We are the bridge between Europe’s trade goals and businesses seeking to export. We have joined together to collectively support European policy at the EU, national and local levels. To promote Europe’s commercial goals while serving our exporters requires one voice to translate ideas into action and policy into practice. Trade Promotion Europe is that voice.
Get to know TPE
The mission of Trade Promotion Europe is to empower European Trade Promotion Organisations to optimise internationalisation support for their exporting companies by engaging as one voice with the EU Institutions and stakeholders and facilitating effective collaboration between members.
The vision of Trade Promotion Europe is that every internationally ambitious company in the European Union can reach its full export potential, irrespective of its size within and outside the Single Market.
What makes us unique?
TPE members are all dedicated to the internationalisation of SMEs. Supporting SMEs to expand into international markets through trade promotion activities is their core business.
What makes us unique is that many of our members have both offices in their Member State as the first contact point for SMEs as well as a network of offices throughout the EU and in third countries. No other network provides such a fully integrated geographic coverage.
At the moment, our TPOs combined have 86 offices in their own Member States and 609 offices abroad. 157 offices support intra-EU trade and 452 offices support trade in third countries.
Our network brings together more than 7000 full-time staff members.
Promote and represent our members across Europe
The trade promotion organisations that make up TPE all have one thing in common: they aim to boost the international success of enterprises and – in doing so – overcome similar challenges.
To promote and represent their interests on a European level:
- We introduce and explain our members’ points of view, insights and concerns to European institutions and other competent authorities. The main message: a plea for greater synergy across Europe when it comes to support instruments for SME internationalisation.
- We maintain a constant dialogue with Europe’s main political and socioeconomic institutions with the goal of streamling SME internationalisation support across the EU.
Foster and enable ever-closer collaboration
Trade promotion organisations are crucial to boosting the EU’s economic development and growth through international trade. But they can accomplish so much more by working closely together with each other as well as with European institutions.
To nurture these collaborations:
We develop and carry out projects in the shared interests of our members. These projects include responding to EU calls for tender or proposal.
We organise internal and external meetings to share knowledge and boost networking. Initiatives range from seminars and conferences to any type of event capable of supporting both our purpose and our members’ interests.
The Trade Promotion Europe is more than just an association, it is a team effort. Therefore, we would like to thank our TPOs for their ongoing financial and in-kind contributions:
- Strategic Support Tier 1: AWEX – Agence wallonne à l’Exportation et aux Investissements étrangers, Business France, Flanders Investment & Trade, hub.brussels, ICEX España Exportación e Inversiones
- Strategic Support Tier 2: Enterprise Ireland
- Strategic Support Tier 3: ACCIÓ – Agència per la Competitivitat de l’Empresa, Spirit Slovenia
- Website sponsored by Enterprise Greece
- Paper flyers manufactured and distributed by ICEX España Exportación e Inversiones
- Secretariat administration (2018 – 2022), Rebranding of Association and Communications tools provided by Enterprise Greece
- Office space and support facilities provided by Flanders Investment & Trade
- Yearly intern provided by AICEP Inov Contacto Internship Programme
- Yearly intern provided by Basque Trade & Investment Internship Programme (BEINT)