Who we are
No one is as strong as everyone together. By collaborating with one another, we are creating new synergies to help Europe realise its trade potential. Our community is a forum for ideas, for learning and for exchanging information so that our members can serve their stakeholders better: from Europe’s 25 million small- and medium-sized enterprises to the European Union’s policy making institutions.
Trade is the driving force in Europe’s economy and is the raison d’être of the European Union. Promoting Europe’s goods and services at the local, national and international level is crucial to collective development and growth. We help foster dialogue with EU institutions, and serve as a trusted partner in the implementation of Europe’s trade promotion policies.
We are the bridge between Europe’s trade goals and businesses seeking to export. We have joined together to collectively support European policy at the EU, national and local levels. To promote Europe’s commercial goals while serving our exporters requires one voice to translate ideas into action and policy into practice. Trade Promotion Europe is that voice.
How it all began
Founded on October 31, 2018, the Trade Promotion Europe (TPE) aims to promote the interests of European trade promotion organisations (TPOs) in dialogue and collaboration with European institutions and other competent authorities.
On March 21st, 2019, official operations started upon receiving formal approval from the Belgian Ministry of Justice and the publication of our statutes in the Belgian Official Journal.
Get to know TPE
Trade Promotion Europe connects trade promotion organisations, lets them speak with one voice, and represents them in European institutions. As a trusted partner, we help Europe realise its full potential in international trade and advance the international growth of European businesses, especially small- and medium-sized enterprises.
No single individual is as strong as everyone together. The same rings true for all levels of government and stakeholders across Europe. By reaching out to one another and cooperating closely, we can create synergetic and complementary programmes and points of action together – with the ultimate aim of helping European SMEs develop sustainable international businesses.
Promote and represent our members across Europe
The trade promotion organisations that make up TPE all have one thing in common: they aim to boost the international success of enterprises and – in doing so – overcome similar challenges.
To promote and represent their interests on a European level:
- We introduce and explain our members’ points of view, insights and concerns to European institutions and other competent authorities. The main message: a plea for greater synergy across Europe when it comes to support instruments for SME internationalisation.
- We maintain a constant dialogue with Europe’s main political and socioeconomic institutions with the goal of streamling SME internationalisation support across the EU.
Foster and enable ever-closer collaboration
Trade promotion organisations are crucial to boosting the EU’s economic development and growth through international trade. But they can accomplish so much more by working closely together with each other as well as with European institutions.
To nurture these collaborations:
We develop and carry out projects in the shared interests of our members. These projects include responding to EU calls for tender or proposal.
We organise internal and external meetings to share knowledge and boost networking. Initiatives range from seminars and conferences to any type of event capable of supporting both our purpose and our members’ interests.
The Trade Promotion Europe is more than just an association, it is a team effort. Therefore, we would like to thank our TPOs for their ongoing financial and in-kind contributions:
- Strategic Support Tier 1: AWEX – Agence wallonne à l’Exportation et aux Investissements étrangers, Business France, Flanders Investment & Trade, hub.brussels, ICEX España Exportación e Inversiones
- Strategic Support Tier 2: Enterprise Ireland
- Strategic Support Tier 3: ACCIÓ – Agència per la Competitivitat de l’Empresa, Spirit Slovenia
- Website sponsored by Enterprise Greece
- Paper flyers manufactured and distributed by ICEX España Exportación e Inversiones
- Secretariat administration (2018 – 2022), Rebranding of Association and Communications tools provided by Enterprise Greece
- Office space and support facilities provided by Flanders Investment & Trade
- Yearly intern provided by AICEP Inov Contacto Internship Programme
- Yearly intern provided by Basque Trade & Investment Internship Programme (BEINT)